Saturday, June 25, 2011

Orly "Green With Envy" & China Glaze "Passion"

Hello anyone who's reading, and welcome to my first "official" polish review! :)

Today I am wearing the lovely Orly "Green With Envy" and a Bundle Monster image from plate BM 222 using China Glaze's "Passion".  

Here's what it looks like...
Orly "Green With Envy" in artificial light
Orly "Green With Envy" and China Glaze "Passion" w/ Bundle Monster plate BM 222 in natural light

"Green With Envy" is a jelly-type polish that dries with high gloss.  Honestly, I almost forgot to put on a top coat (I used seche vite) before I did the nail stamping portion...that's how glossy it was! The formula  was a little bit thin on the first coat, but after the second I felt that it was right on target with the bottle color, so I stopped there.  For me it applied pretty easily, as most Orly polishes that I own do.  It seems like Green With Envy has a really wonderful formula that is highly pigmented and applies with even layers.

Now onto China Glaze's "Passion"! This little, golden bottle of joy does a superb job when used for nail stamping.  In fact, I've found that most China Glaze metallic polishes are really wonderful nail stamping polishes.  They dry quick and they just about "pop" on every base color! I LOVE IT! 

After completing my manicure and ogling at it for a while, I couldn't help but realize how much it reminds me of the ocean.  I live in Hawaii and this manicure specifically reminds me of the tide pools in Hilo.  The image that I used even looks like little hooks or lures!  In my opinion it's such a calm/relaxing manicure! I'm really happy with it. :) 

Hilo Bay
What do you think?? Any thoughts or opinions?

<3 Jillian


5 comments:

  1. Hey Jill!!! what a thorough review. :) great job!!
    keep em coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill I love this so much! I love nail polish as well and I have to keep my nails painted otherwise I end up biting my nails. This is awesome, I love the jade color. Recently I've been into neutral shades. What do you think of the Essie polishes? You should do a blog about those if you have any, or check em out it's one of my favorites brands. Can't wait for more reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirsten! Yay..another nail polish lover!! Thank you for reading my blog...I love your input! I actually only have one Essie nail polish and it is just a white one that I got on sale for like $2. I really like the formula...my white one applies with thin coats and builds up really nicely. I have been adding a lot of their colors to my "wish list" though, such as, borrowed and blue, smooth sailing, and going incognito. :) Now I'm definitely going to have to check them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i feel like Essie polishes can be hit or miss. many are quite sheer, but there are a few i have that are opaque in 2 coats. i have a bunch of essies that are the pink fleshy tones (i was trying to find a shade that's good for a french manicure) and those are on the sheer side. but their more colorful colors (sorry, redundant) have more opacity. Vermillionaire (a bold orange), Damsel in a Dress (dark eggplant with slight shimmer), Too Too Hot (a darker hot pink/red), Trophy Wife (dark teal with shimmer), Dive Bar (dark navy blue with shimmer), and Beach Bum Blu (bright ocean blue) are some of the ones i have that are more opaque.

    i really want Turquoise and Caicos. hard to find since it's a very popular color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love that green color

    http://shayyyyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete